We are the Maryland Quitting Use and Initiation of Tobacco (MDQuit) Resource Center. Our mission is to link professionals and providers to state tobacco initiatives, to provide evidence-based, effective resources and tools to local programs, to create and support an extensive, collaborative network of tobacco prevention and cessation professionals, and to provide a forum for sharing best practices throughout the state of Maryland.
What does MDQuit do?
1. We support but are not the MD Quitline call line. For direct access to the MD Quitline and consumer support services, call 1-800 QUIT NOW (1-800-784-8669) or go to http://smokingstopshere.com/
2. We conduct trainings for service providers to implement within their organization:
For a more detailed description of the trainings, click here
- Brief Interventions & Fax-to-Assist
- Preparing to Quit
- Breaking the Habit in Behavioral Health
- Fax-to-Assist (online)
**trainings can be tailored to particular populations**
3. Center Specialists are available for information regarding resources, training, or other prevention and cessation information. For more information about other kinds of training please contact the center specialists.
What does MDQuit not do?
Provide direct services for smoking cessation consumers.