The Smoking Cessation Leadership Center (SCLC)
invites you to join this webinar
Clearing the Air: Comprehensive Approaches to
Smoke-Free Public Housing
Monday, June 18, 2018, at 1:00 pm EDT
The following speakers presenting on this important and timely topic:
- Leroy L. Ferguson, Housing Program Specialist, Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Robert Burns, Director, National Center for Health in Public Housing
- Ashley LeMaistre, MPH, Program Coordinator, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention,
- Robin Scala, Health Communication Specialist, Office on Smoking and Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Explain HUD’s Public Housing Smoke-Free requirement, and how the health community can support public housing residents impacted by this rule.
- Describe the health care and smoking cessation-related resources available from Community Health Centers, particularly health centers in or immediately accessible to public housing, especially Public Housing Primary Care grantees.
- Identify communication and engagement strategies for reaching residents of public housing authorities adopting smoke-free policies.
- Describe how the CDC Tips From Former Smokers® (Tips®) campaign has raised awareness about the dangers of smoking and motivated smokers to quit.
- Identify free and low-cost Tips® campaign resources to encourage smoking cessation among public housing residents.
REGISTER HERE: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/o128ylpetr28&eom
Free CME/CEs of up to 1.5 credits will be available for participants who join the LIVE session, on June 18, 2018. You will receive instructions on how to claim credit via the post webinar email.
ACCREDITATION FOR RESPIRATORY THERAPISTS
This program has been approved for a maximum of 1.5 contact hours Continuing Respiratory Care Education (CRCE) credit by the American Association for Respiratory Care, 9425 N. MacArthur Blvd. Suite 100 Irving TX 75063.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UCSF designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the webinar activity.
Advance Practice Registered Nurses and Registered Nurses: For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME.
Physician Assistants: The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) states that the AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM are acceptable for continuing medical education requirements for recertification.
California Pharmacists: The California Board of Pharmacy accepts as continuing professional education those courses that meet the standard of relevance to pharmacy practice and have been approved for AMA PRA category 1 CreditTM. If you are a pharmacist in another state, you should check with your state board for approval of this credit.
California Marriage & Family Therapists: University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine (UCSF) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for behavioral health providers. UCSF maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Course meets the qualifications for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
This UCSF CME activity was planned and developed to uphold academic standards to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor; adhere to requirements to protect health information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA); and include a mechanism to inform learners when unapproved or unlabeled uses of therapeutic products or agents are discussed or referenced.
The following faculty speakers, moderators, and planning committee members have disclosed they have no financial interest/arrangement or affiliation with any commercial companies who have provided products or services relating to their presentation(s) or commercial support for this continuing medical education activity:
Robert Burns, Leroy L. Ferguson, Ashley LeMaistre, MPH, Robin Scala, and Christine Cheng, Brian Clark, Jennifer Matekuare, Jessica Safier, Roxana Said, MPH, Catherine Saucedo, and Steven A. Schroeder, MD
Don’t need to claim CME/CEUs? SCLC issues free certificates of attendance for those who want contact hours only.
Please feel free to forward this announcement to your colleagues. For questions, contact Jennifer Matekuare, SCLC Operations Manager, at Jennifer.email@example.com or call toll-free (877) 509-3786. This webinar will be recorded and may be viewed online on the Smoking Cessation Leadership Center’s website after the presentation.